Thursday 26 August 2010

David Dondero

It's that time of year again when gigs and tours are getting announced left, right and centre and you are faced with a dillemma of what to go and when. I'm hopefully (wallet pending) off to a plethora of them over the coming months. I'll hope to keep you posted. Last night I was fortunate to catch David Dondero at Dulcimer in Chorlton, Manchester. No real expense spared here as it was only 3 quid. A pint is comfortably more than that in there, and most places I find myself boozing in. First heard of Dondero supporting David Bazan at the Night and Day, Manchester only a couple of years ago. This guy's actually been around for a good while with an extensive back catalog. I absolutely love his last album Simple Love so it was with no hesitation (well, I'm sure a few pints swayed it) I purchased his new album #Zero With a Bullet and from what I heard last night and so far today it continues his world weary stories from the road which always reflect a time and a place to great effect. He even threw a Wille Nelson cover in last night, I'd wish I knew what it was. You can preview the title track below. The album is out pretty soon.

#Zero With A Bullet

No comments:

Post a Comment