Tuesday 31 May 2011

Top Ten Tracks May 2011

Here's a feature which my lazy, uninspired backside should have introduced in January; the top ten tracks which have been floating my boat over the course of a month, and so I begin in May. I actually began and shared a top ten tracks of the month feature way back people still actually used Myspace (around 2006/2007) by publishing the now very outdated  'bulletin'. These tracks haven't necessarily come out this month, or even floating round others blogs, DJs etc. either, but I like them enough to share with you. Enjoy.

1.Chez N Trent-Morning Factory (buy)



Classic house, recently repressed on Slow to Speak U.S.

2. Steffi-Sadness (buy)



Stunning and somewhat sombre deep house track.

3. DJ Milo-Gyrating Savages (DJ Nature Remix) (buy)



Fantastic disco-jazzy workout from DJ Nature on Japanese label Jazzy Sport.

4. Mood II Swing-All Night Long (buy)



With the 'classic house' revival revitalising much of what is coming out, it's refreshing to pick up on classics that blow most of the new shit out of the water. Like this.

5. They Came From The Stars I Saw Them-Moon Song (Serge Santiago Totally Different Mix) (buy)


Psyhedelic leftfield disco. Courtesy of fellow blogger, The Beat!

6. Gatto Fritto-The Curse (buy)



80s inspired electro-pop on International Feel. Ace.

TIME for a bit of indie/alternative...

7. Damien Jurado-Go First (buy)



More reflective low-key music from Damien Jurado from 2008 album 'Caught in the Trees'. I don't feel like ever getting well. Blimey.

8. Sebadoh-Drama Mine (buy)



The recent re-release of Sebadoh's 4th album Bakesale certainly gave me a jolt to listen to one of my favourite bands of the 90s so i dug my old copy and have been blazing it out, especially 'Drama Mine'. Tour in August too...

9. Porcelain Raft-Tip of Your Tongue (buy)



Posted this up on Sunday Music a couple of weeks back (which I will now retire). Beautiful atmospheric heartfelt pop music.

10. David Bazan-I've Flirted With You All My Life (Vic Chestnutt Cover)



Recorded just over a year ago following the death of Vic Chestnutt and was soon a staple of his solo and living room shows. There's not many who do cover verisons better. New album dropped this week too!

Hope you all had a good bank holiday weekend (besides the obvious let down of the match on Saturday-well played Barca). 

No comments:

Post a Comment