Wednesday 17 August 2011

The Nova Dream Sequence


King Britt. I guess they don't call him the 'King' for nothing. From his days as the DJ for Digible Planets in the early 1990s; to running revered House and Techno label Ovum with Josh Wink; adventures into Breakbeat, Broken Beat, Deep House and Soul together with his never ending list of quality remixes, the man has pretty much done the lot.

A few years back, I stumbled across a poor soul in the University of Calgary Food Hall selling a load of underground promo CDs for just a couple of dollars each. I picked up quite a bit, some of it was pretty good, none more so than King Britt's Deep Techno project 'The Nova Dream Sequence'. After several house moves since (together with a now dusty barely used CD collection) I didn't even realise I still had it. But I found it the other day and thought it right to share it to the world. Like much of King Britt's output, it was a short-lived project but still very high quality with support from the likes of Derrick May and Alex Barck (Jazzanova).

Enjoy.





The Nova Dream Sequence-The Nova Dream Sequence (buy)

No comments:

Post a Comment