Friday 4 November 2011

Moomin-The Story About You


I'm a sucker for slightly understated deep house music. So it's no surprise that I've enjoyed several of German Moomin's releases of late. It's also no surprise that his melodic, warm deep house sounds find themselves on Smallville for the release of his debut album 'The Story About You'.



I got told recently by an artist (they will remain nameless) that the record labels press officers completely made up the press blurb about one of his 12" releases and he had no idea what they were on about it (it involved stars/beaches/heaven etc etc etc). It seems that this might have happened again with this release. Whilst I understand and appreciate the 'magic' of house music, sentences such as "Real House Music is only possible within a soulful surrounding" make me want to find a bucket. Maybe I'm just a cynical old bastard, but I think words (ironically like this) often don't do the music justice, and when attempting to get the message across, you can be left with sentences representing what the writer thinks sound good or relevant.Try to stick to the music, and just read my blog in the future!

Anyway, this album is highly recommended. It contains the majestic 'Watermelon' which was on his 'Spare Time' EP from earlier this year. It might even suprass Stereociti's effort in deep house artist album of the year, and that would be quite some feat. 


Moomin-The Story About You (buy)

No comments:

Post a Comment