Tuesday 20 November 2012

Crooked Fingers-There's a Blue Light


Eric Bachmann is visiting our shores as we speak and it's high time I finally got to see him play live. He's played in Bristol already (where I will soon be located) and is playing a show at The Castle in Manchester early next month. Never been to a gig there but did see some local MCs spouting out all kinds of shit years ago whilst it was still a proper old man boozer, before it got bought by some guy out of Corrie. On each Crooked' album, theres always one or maybe two terribly sad songs; which through Bachmann's gravely voice makes me remember that this kind of music will always have that personal quality to me, something resonant that makes me think that a 4/4 beat could never achieve.

Crooked Fingers-There's a Blue Light (buy)

No comments:

Post a Comment