Thursday 5 January 2012

Juju & Jordash-Unleash the Golem Part 1

There was always going to be releases that either passed me by in 2011 or I simply didn't have the time to blurb about or give a release the listen that it deserved. This monster release by Juju & Jordash on Golf Channel was just one of them. I had intended to buy it a some point, but at some point waxing over a tenner on a record wasn't really justified so I forgot all about it. Reading it come up high on esteemed website littlewhiteearbuds.com end of year lists made me aware of it all over again. Inspired to be an imaginery soundtrack to a 1920 German silent film, both tracks highlight for me the power and depth certain electronic music can have, to not only stand as piece of music suitable for the headphones or the dancefloor but also as something which can be used to create a setting, a story, like it has the power to have either a part of history or a story put against it, rather than the other way around.



Juju & Jordash-Unleash the Golem Part 1  (buy)

No comments:

Post a Comment