Friday 27 January 2012

Shakarchi & Stranéus-Dodskallar Och Korallrev


I mentioned this artist last year showcasing the quite beautiful 'Liseberg' and it's accompanying (and quite near perfect match of music/images) video (I didn't feature the track in my end of year list as the vinyl version came out in 2010). Took me awhile to seek out the full release, which was on the near perfect Studio Barnhus label. Whilst 'Liseberg' may be the highlight, the rest of the EP ain't too bad either. A collection of tracks full of warmth; try not to move to key driven 'Mogadishu' and 'Who Killed Captain Alex', and it's hard to imagine anything except hazy summer afternoons with 'Clinton Hill'. Must be something in the water in Gothenberg at the moment, a new haven for beautiful house music.





Shakarchi & Stranéus-Dodskallar Och Korallrev (buy)

1 comment:

  1. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is magnificent blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.
    Jessica Simpson Coats Girls 7-16 Ruffle Collar Coat

    ReplyDelete