Wednesday 1 September 2010

Low Murderer 10"

Following their recent announcement of a brief UK tour this autumn, I thought I'd share some Low. This is part of a never completed 10" collection by film director Cameron Crowe originally released in 2003. The other two releases were from Sun Kill Moon's Mark Kozelek and a Japanese quartet called Mono who admittely I have never heard of. Like most of you I've seen Almost Famous and Singles, and was therefore aware Cameron Crowe took more than an interest in music and was previously a writer in Rolling Stone. What I didn't know he could be involved in releasing something so wonderfully raw and beautiful away from more traditional rock and roll, grunge, mainstream stuff etc he is more associated with (he is married to a member of the 80s ballad-based rock band Heart for fucks sake-(thanks wiki)).

Their tour somewhat surprisingly doesn't include a London date yet. Being settled up North, I'm settling for Leeds (though I'd quite happily attend them all of I had the funds and time). New album rumoured for next year too.

November 15th The Junction, Cambridge
November 16th Brudenell Social Club, Leeds
November 17th St. John The Baptist, Coventry

Get Tickets here

I also came across a strange story that Robert Plant has covered two Low songs, 'Monkey' and Silver Rider' to be included on his next album. These will I presume somewhat sit uncomfortably alongside stripped back blues/country selections from artists such as Chuck Berry. Saw him on BBC breakfast news this morning, unfortunately the presenter was more interested in his hair than his new record, daft cow. Both tracks are off Low's 2005 release The Great Destroyer. A version of 'Silver Rider' is part of the Murderer EP that is below. I wouldn't normally post a full release, however seeing this was limited to a very small supply (and your talking 60 notes on discogs); I've thought what the hell.

Murderer EP

No comments:

Post a Comment