Tuesday 21 September 2010

Superchunk-No Pocky for Kitty

I've got a certain soft spot for Superchunk. After I left school, nu-metal was starting to take hold of alot of people (including my friends) and the future looked bleak. I did grow up listening to Green Day, Bush etc. in the mid 90s but i was only 13/14. Fortunately I had over the course of school been influenced by an older sibling and his friends to look elsewhere. Superchunk were one of those bands I got into and when several years later in 2001 they toured their album Heres to Shutting Up, I quickly got some tickets. Unfortunately for Superchunk not many other people did. Only bout 40 people showed up to watch them in the Hop and Grape (now Academy 3). I enjoyed the gig though and was sad that they haven't released a new album since.

To my delight a new album Majesty Shredding has just been released. I am yet to purchase a copy but I haven't read a bad word about it. When payday hits I'll be getting it here. Today, I'd thought I'd share a fan's favourite from 1991, No Pocky for Kitty which is below.

Superchunk-No Pocky for Kitty

(Also check out this free mp3/flac download of a show at Music Hall of Williamsburg from Sunday Night here.)-Thanks to Folly of Youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment