Tuesday 13 March 2012

Codeine-Frigid Stars


Bands reforming is about as interesting as new music. But bands still keep doing it. Artists have cottoned on to the fact that music nerds like myself are discovering their music over the internet; albums are being repackaged and remastered whilst money-spinning tours begin in earnest. When some bands do it I want to call upon Al-Qaeda to go about their business quietly. When others do it, such as slowcore pioneers Codeine, I feel like jumping for joy. But then I realise it's Codiene so the initial excitement will, after several listens turn to gloom as I put away my house and disco records for early 90s slow sludge that despite it altering my mood and making me miserable still sounds fucking amazing. They play ATP I'll Be Your Mirror event in May at Alexandra Palace in London and re-release all three albums on 'heavyweight' vinyl (probably so it'll cost more in shipping) the same month. Check it here.





Codeine-D

Codeine-Cave In

Codeine-Pea

No comments:

Post a Comment